The race is actually over and to keep the figures, I decided to publish a simple statistics of my training efforts towards 2011 Norseman Xtreme Triathlon.
I have started training specifically for this even on November 7th, 2010 and the training sessions were finished on August 1st, 2011 including the taper period.
- Running: 221 times, 1,900 km, 163 hours
- Cycling: 50 times, 1,500 km, 75 hours
- Strength training: 166 times, 167 hours
- Swimming: 96 times, 175 km, 69 hours
- Total calories spent: 370,000
Based on the result of the actual race, the focus of training for the new season and (possibly, if I am drawn) for Norseman 2012 clearly needs to be put on swimming. I intend to dig into the total immersion swimming method, which has a potential to improve my swimming skills significantly.
I will take the initial self-learning swimming lessons based on the DVD from this Saturday while vacationing in Croatia.