Many translators working with Trados TagEditor struggle with proofing their translations, as TagEditor does not support grammar check natively. Here is a simple workaround that might help.
This tip applies to all SDL Trados versions except SDL Trados Studio, which includes integrated spellcheck feature.
- Start TagEditor and open the TTX you want to proof.
- In TagEditor, press Ctrl+A (Select All).
- Press Ctrl+C (Copy).
- Open Ms Word. Set it not to show hidden text.
- Paste (Ctrl+V) into empty Word document.
- Perform spellcheck and grammar check in Word.
- Correct any errors found in Word in TagEditor.
Job’s done. It is that simple.
Note that this may not work with extremely large TTX files.